Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Falling Prices on Vacant Lots

Wow!  The prices on vacant lots keeps falling. I have 5 lots that I am listing, and the sellers are willing to lower their asking prices to try to entice buyers. I noticed that other agents are having the same experience, and just today saw a waterfront listing in Fawn Lake come up at only $50,000.  It already has a septic, too. I have another lot in Fawn Lake, not on the waterfront, that has power, water and septic, and the sellers have brought the price down to $39,950, and I was surprised when they said to list it at that price. And a lot in the Lake Limerick community that started at $65,000 is now down to $35,000.

So, if anyone is in the market for a vacant lot, now is the time to buy one. You can match up with a home builder like HiLine or Adair and they will help you do a building contract loan, and you can end up with a new home.  As I said, it's a good time to do something like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment